Formal legal rationality was his term for the key characteristic of the kind of coherent and calculable law that was a precondition for modern political developments and the modern bureaucratic state. Weber saw this law as having developed in parallel with the growth of capitalism. Other notable early legal sociologists included Hugo Sinzheimer, Theodor Geiger, Georges Gurvitch and Leon Petrażycki in Europe, and William Graham Sumner in the U.S.
- Professor Tara Leigh Grove discusses the lawsuits and other legal challenges stemming from President Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan.
- Advancing access to justice, the rule of law, the economy and society through policy, law and services.
- Law provides a source of scholarly inquiry into legal history, philosophy, economic analysis and sociology.
- International, constitutional and administrative law, criminal law, contract, tort, property law and trusts are regarded as the “traditional core subjects”, although there are many further disciplines.
- Individual employment law refers